Wednesday, November 03, 2004

America: I Hardly Knew Ye

I feel as though I owe an apology to all of my readers who may have derived what has turned out to be false hope from my optimistic predictions of a Kerry victory. I can only say that I believed every word of it when I wrote it. I guess I just did not know my country very well. For what it's worth, I can assure you that no one was more crushed than I was last night.

I will not, however, apologize for all of the positive things I wrote about John Kerry in this blog. It was an honor to write every word of praise. I fear that many on the Left did not appreciate what a great candidate we had.

I was crushed by the election results, but I do not disagree with Kerry's decision to concede. Bush should understand that when he received Kerry's phone call earlier today, he was talking to a mentsch. I don't think that Bush really can understand that.

I'm going to continue this blog. Rather than shooting from the hip at this time of emotional distress, I want to gather my thoughts some more about the meaning of the election and where we go from here.

Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home